Thigh Reduction surgery is a reconstructive surgery aimed at enhancing the body’s contours after weight loss.
A thigh reduction aims to do the following:
- Thigh reduction surgery aims to improve the contour of your thighs by removing excess skin and fat.
- The improved contour is at the cost of a scar which is placed discreetly on the inner aspect.
- Thigh reduction surgery takes 2.5 hrs and is performed at a major hospital.
- Drains are used to aid wound healing and you will be required to wear compression garments for 6-8 weeks post surgery.
- Hospital stay can vary from 1-4 nights.
Excess skin and fat on the inner aspects of the thighs usually results from dramatic weight loss. The excess tissue is floppy, uncomfortable as well as unsightly. Dressing to conceal the excess tissue becomes a daily chore and despite the long scar, most patients seeking this surgery welcome the change. The scar is a small sacrifice for the improvements in contour, comfort and quality of life.
Thigh Reduction Surgery in Adelaide
It is important that you entrust your thigh reduction surgery to a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Dr Quoc Lam is well equipped to help you achieve the results that you are after.