Anti-wrinkle treatments from a plastic surgeon in Adelaide
Ant-wrinkle treatments snap shot
- Dr Lam is a qualified Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon with a deep understanding of facial aesthetics.
- The goal of this treatment is always to enhance the natural features of your face without making it obvious to others that you have had “work” done.
- Anti-wrinkle treatments block the nerve signals that cause overactive muscles to contract. This allows the overlying skin to relax reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- The procedure takes around 15 minutes and is performed at Cranford House
- There is no downtime associated with anti-wrinkle treatments
- Results can be realised within one week
Anti-wrinkle treatments work by blocking nerve signals to overactive muscles that are responsible for wrinkles such as frown lines, crow’s feet and smile lines.
While wrinkles often appear on the face as we get older, they can also be caused by repeated movements of the facial muscles over a long period of time. Through frowning and smiling, men and women can experience creases and lines on the skin, which can make them look a little tired. Anti-wrinkle treatments allow your skin to relax to reverse some of the signs of ageing.
What’s involved in the treatment?
The treatment involves a number of injections into the regions where the wrinkles are to be targeted. This is a simple procedure that only takes around 15 minutes. While anti-wrinkle treatments are generally well tolerated, you may experience a slight tingling sensation during the procedure.
How long do the results last?
The results from anti-wrinkle treatments are apparent at 2-3 days and have a maximal effect at about 7-10 days. The results of the procedure last three to four months, but with more than one treatment, you can slow down the appearance of lines and wrinkles caused by muscle movement around the mouth, eyes and forehead.
This procedure is suitable for both men and women who want to look more youthful or who simply have a problem area that they need addressed. A series of treatments is recommended, as part of an anti-aging treatment plan.
At your first consultation, Dr Lam will ask you about your goals and what you would like to achieve with anti-wrinkle injections in the context of your general health and lifestyle. Dr Lam will also explain the process and what your expected results will be.
If you would like to find out more about anti-wrinkle treatments and whether it is a suitable procedure for you, please arrange a consultation with Dr Lam today.