Dermal Fillers Snap shot
- Fan Xu is a qualified Nurse and will perform the treatment with the guidance and approval of Dr Lam.
- Dr Lam is a qualified Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon with a deep understanding of facial aesthetics.
- The goal of this treatment is to enhance the natural features of your face without making it obvious to others that you have had “work” done.
- Dermal fillers enhance and restore volume to the face, while smoothing and reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- Treatment is performed at Cranford House and takes between 30 and 60 minutes
- You may experience some swelling for up to 48 hours after the procedure
- Results are immediate, and will generally last about 6-9 months
Dermal fillers are a non-invasive treatment that can address visible signs of facial ageing
Men and women often seek this treatment due to developing lines, wrinkles and folds as they get older and they experience loss of volume to the face. The goal of this treatment is to achieve a natural more youthful you.
Dermal filler treatment is a simple a procedure that our qualified nurse Fan can administer in the clinic. In particular, dermal fillers can enhance the cheeks and jawline, restore lip volume, smooth lines and folds, refresh the eyes and lift the brows.
How do dermal fillers work?
The procedure involves injecting a natural substance into the desired area for a specific effect. Fan will take great care when administering the filler through a series of injections with a fine needle. This treatment is normally well tolerated by most patients, as a local anaesthetic or numbing cream can be applied to the skin before treatment. You may experience some swelling for the first 48hrs, so it is important that you have thought about your schedule prior to booking your treatment. The lips are most sensitive to swelling while other areas of the face can handle fillers with very little sign of treatment.
At your first consultation, Fan will discuss your goals and ask you about your general health and lifestyle. Fan will examine your facial features and explain the process of using dermal fillers and the results you can expect from this treatment. Dr Lam will also check in during the consultation process to approve the procedure.
Dermal fillers FAQs
Dermal fillers can be used to address some of the visible signs of ageing, such as fine lines, wrinkles and folds in the skin, as well as loss of volume in the face. Dermal fillers can also enhance the cheeks and jaw line, restore volume to the lips, and lift the brows. The treatment, which is non-invasive, is an effective means of restoring a more youthful and smooth appearance to the skin.
The procedure involves injecting a natural substance into the area of the face that you would like treated. The filler is administered through a series of injections with a very fine needle. Before the procedure begins, Fan may apply a numbing cream or local anaesthetic to your skin so that you don’t experience any pain and discomfort.
It is quite normal to experience some swelling for the first 48 hours following treatment. In most cases, the lips are most sensitive to swelling, while most other areas of the face can usually handle dermal fillers without any issues. Results of the procedure are immediate, and will generally last between six and nine months.